Yes, here we are again! - Wednesday & 'blog time' - all the news from Old Bolsover Yard.
So it has seemed rather quiet this last week since the Builders finished and left, but it has given us time take stock and plan the next phase of development. And what are they I hear you asking?
Well, here goes -
* get the units cleared & cleaned out, all swept to within an inch of their life
* put a waterproof layer onto the walls in each of the units
* get the Gallery sorted & the first displays in place
* get the Valuer to come & give us valuation on the whole of the site & the individual units
* talk to a locksmith about getting locks on the front gates
* put up the fence at the back of the courtyard to make us more secure
* make contact with those people who have enquired about renting Units
* and these are only the things that I can think of, off the top of my head!!........
Last week, I told you that we had now filled all the stallholder spaces for our Christmas Fayre on December 1st - spoke too soon!! One of our stallholders has had to withdraw, and so we have a space to fill. Remember - this is a 'Craft Fayre' and we are looking for stallholders who produce 'hand made' goods eg. woodturner, potter, sewer, knitter etc. etc. If you are interested or know anyone who might be then ask them to message me from our Facebook page along with a description of what they produce & a couple of photos of their work.
Still working on our Courtyard Programme 2019, and there is now a page on the website dedicated to this Programme, so that you can follow who is coming & when.
Finally, we will be having our own Nursery Rhyme Scarecrow in OBY on December 1st, to co-incide with the Scarecrow Festival being run by Bolsover Church.
So, as you can see we are not sitting back 'sucking our thumbs' - we are working very hard to get Old Bolsover Yard up, ready & launched!
More next week..............!!